In order for your car to be safe on our roads, your steering plays an essential part. There are many key components that make up a car’s steering from the power steering pump, drive belts, bearings, valves, hoses and seals.
A power steering service from one of our experienced technicians involves a safety and performance inspection of the entire system. Regular checks of your power steering fluid can be made visibly from under the bonnet of your car.
A couple of alarming things that tell you of an issue with your cars steering
- The car pulls to the left or right
- The steering wheel shakes or vibrates
- The steering wheel can vibrate under braking
- You notice steering fluid levels are low
- Steering fluid is leaking into the engine bay or road when parked
- Clunking or banging noises when steering to the left or right
When experiencing any of these issues with your cars steering, it’s really important to get them attended too before they lead to further mechanical faults or even putting life at risk.
Island Tyres in Hobart are well trained to tune, repair or replace components such as sway bars, shock absorbers, torsion bars, control arms and suspension bushes. These bushes are the little rubber bits designed to allow flexibility and alignment of these components. You can make a simple check of your bushes right under the car.